November is here and 2021 is around the corner! With holidays near-by, families may be weighing the options of spending the holidays together or not. Although these holidays may be quite different from most, the CDC offers optional guidelines to apply for the upcoming holiday traditions such as a virtual thanksgiving celebration, gathering with household members only, if hosting, gathering outdoors instead of indoors, limit number of attendees, consider your attendee’s community COVID-19 cases and decide based on that factor, get tested before and after the holidays, and after thanksgiving celebration stay home as much as possible if celebrating with relatives who have traveled (1). For more information, visit cdc.gov.
For Grand Meridia families looking to celebrate without a cluttered kitchen, it might be worthwhile to check out Honey Baked Ham for turkeys, sides, or starters among many other options. Honey Baked Ham offers three different turkey flavors all with great seasoning and a sweet hint! All meals are ready to serve and saves plenty of time. If you’ve never tried this specialty, take a quick visit at near-by store in Edison for a taste like no other.
Visit the webpage to order ahead of time before they are out of stock at: https://shipping.honeybaked.com/ (2)
Another great option to order from is Whole Foods Market holiday catering menu. You can expect the same great quality food ready to go or delivered to your door! Whole Foods Market offers a variety of meals to choose from at differently priced packages. Enjoy excellent food without the hassle at home! To learn more, visit: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/departments/catering/holiday-catering (3)
This month the town of Rahway will be holding a Fall Scavenger Hunt until November 24th. In order to participate and gain access to the clues, use your mobile phone to scan the QR code on the image below. You can complete a clue per day and send in your results via email address.
An up and coming new restaurant has recently opened in downtown Rahway located in front of the Union County Performing Arts Center. Monchy’s is a Latin American Restaurant offering delicious and flavorful dishes you won’t get enough of from one visit! Visit soon during a lunch break or for dinner to discover a great new dining experience.
There’s so much more to November than just one of America’s favorite holiday, so if you’re looking for fun things to do during the weekend, days off or are looking for new exciting things to do, you might want to check out any of these activities near-by:
- Lumino City: Buy tickets in advance before they are sold out due to limited capacity! A great way to spend the evening with family, this large park offers lit up trails of beautiful light art installations. All outdoor and full of adventure, take many pictures of the family and memories to keep. Visit Randells Island Park in New York open from 4:00 to 10:00 PM (2).
- Artechouse: get immersed in one of the best technological advanced art platforms in the world. An excellent indoor experience especially for those colder days, this art museum accepts tickets at limited capacity only with strict COVID-19 guidelines. Tickets start at $24.00 per person and are discounted for seniors, first responders and children. This art museum is also children-friendly and children under four enter for free (5)!
- Classic Thyme Cooking School: register for a cooking class near Westfield’s downtown area. This small cooking school is an excellent family fun experience. There are many different options of classes to register including for kids, couples, baking classes, holiday cooking courses, or sharpen your knife skills with cook experts. This can also work as a great holiday present for those that love to cook or expand their skills in the kitchen (6). For more information, visit http://www.classicthyme.com/cookingclasses/classschedule.html
- Little Fox Kitchen: If you rather not attend in-person cooking classes, Little Fox Kitchen is for you! Little Fox Kitchen in-person classes are suspended for the moment, but they are offering excellent cooking or baking classes where some of the classes have optional purchase kits with necessary tools and items to cook with. Cook dishes such as Spanish Tapa and Sangria, Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms, or Chocolate Soufflé with English Custard Cream or English Tea Scones and Jam Butter! Class prices vary between $48-$58 so hurry and visit the Little Fox Kitchen webpage before registrations are sold out (7)! https://littlefoxkitchen.com/
- Fire Me Up Studio: A great way to escape the daily routine, this mudroom studio offers pottery classes or 6-week sessions at great prices (8). With COVID-19 regulations in place, feel free to create something special with loved ones and for the holidays. This is also another excellent gift option for the upcoming holidays. Check out registration information, pricing, and classes at https://www.firemeupstudio.com/mudroom/
- Holiday Wine Festival at Six Flags: Although there won’t be a safari wine festival at Six Flags this year, the wine festival will still go on! Plan in advance for November 14 and 15 for a great wine tasting experience with wines blends provided from 8 local wineries (9). Tickets are on sale now and safety protocols are set in place. Enjoy the cool November weather among loved ones at Six Flags and some great wine blends. Visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/events/wine-fest to buy tickets today.
A Word to Our Residents at Grand Meridia
As the end-of-year holidays approach us, it is imperative for our residents and our community to continue being mindful of the pandemic’s current rising numbers. With the flu season upon us, we continuously request our residents to use the sanitation stations located by entryways, such as the lobby and garage entrance and continue to protect yourselves and the community by wearing masks, especially in the hallways of the property. Avoid large indoor gatherings and practice social distancing at all times possible. Additionally, starting November 12th, Governor Murphy has announced new restrictions that prohibit indoor dining from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM, and all barside seating is prohibited (10).
For residents looking to give back, the City of Rahway is holding a Blood Drive on November 18th due to the current shortage in local hospitals (11). If interested in donating, please visit Rahway’s Facebook page to get more information at https://www.facebook.com/events/3738045432892356
A Happy Thanksgiving and November to All!
-The Team at Grand Meridia